When natural teeth can no longer be saved and extractions are necessary, this denture is placed into the mouth immediately after the extractions are completed.
An immediate denture is the first denture a patient will receive. It is constructed to replace the loss of natural teeth from the upper arch, the lower arch, or both, and is inserted immediately after the removal of the natural teeth by the dentist. Naturally, any loss of your natural teeth is a regrettable occurrence, but it happens to many of us. Fortunately, dental technology has come a long way in the past 2 or 3 decades, and today’s denturist uses only the finest materials and modern equipment when making your denture.
Here are some advantages to having your dentures placed immediately are:
• The patient can usually carry on both business and social obligations without interruption
• Immediate dentures control bleeding and swelling and act as a splint
• Protect the gum ridges from trauma and outside sources
• Allows the patient to adapt to the new dentures while healing is taking place with marginal discomfort
Although the advantages of immediate dentures exceed the disadvantages, one cannot overlook these primary disadvantages:
• More office visits are required for adjustments, especially during the first few weeks after insertion
• There is no opportunity to observe the appearance of the denture before insertion, therefore
the denture cannot be fully assessed until insertion is complete, sometimes resulting in
less favourable results
Although this is your first experience using a denture, you should know that your denturist would be happy to discuss any questions or concerns you may have about your new denture. Simply call 780-476-2529 to book an appointment for immediate dentures in Edmonton.
Are you looking for quality immediate dentures in Edmonton?
At Londonderry Denture Clinic we offer a wide range of denture services to suit all your needs.